The Election Is Over – Moving On
The 2017 election has now come to a close, and like every other election that has come before, we know that some individuals are celebrating the results, and some are not. But no matter what happens in the American election process, no matter the outcome, I am reminded of Gandhi’s quote about being the change that you wish to see in the world.
You must be the change you wish to see in the world. – Mahatma Gandhi
As America’s healthcare system, we have the ability to provide health care, comfort, and support for our communities – to create healthy, happy lives for individuals and families. We have a wonderful opportunity to be the change we want to be right here, by serving our patients and one another with compassion, empathy and respect.
- While you may feel powerless you have more power than you think.
- You can’t control who wins the election but you can control what you do the day after tomorrow.
- You can be happy.
- You can work hard.
- You can love others.
- You can make a difference.
- You can pray for the new President to lead well and make great decisions.
- You can invent something that changes the world.
- You can start and build a successful business.
- You can inspire your students and believe in them.
- You can help heal someone.
- You can feed the poor and help the needy.
- You can raise your children with great values and principles.
- You can make America great by being great at what you do.
- The President will be in control of running the country but you and only you are in control of running your life.
- The day after tomorrow will not be a catastrophe. It will be another day to be your best and bring out the best in others.
- Leadership is important. But one person doesn’t make America. We make America.
We Can Move Our Nation Forward
People partnering together and valuing each other will move our nation forward. Let’s collaborate to make the difference we all desire for America.